How SERVPRO of San Mateo handle Restoration & Cleaning
You know SERVPRO of San Mateo is a leader in Fire and Water Cleanup & Restoration, but our professional residential cleaning services can also make a dirty carpet "Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO of San Mateo begins deodorizing the residence or facility immediately using the following procedures:
- Installation of a solid odor absorption gel into the return air of the HVAC (Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning) system
- Applying a wet fog to open spaces, attics, and/or crawl spaces
- Dry fogging the interior areas of a residence
- Temporary installation of an ozone generator to remove biological or difficult carbon odors
- Use of chemicals and detergents with deodorant additives
Restoration & Cleaning in Various Situations
Our HVAC technician first checks for soot or particulate migration by inspecting the unit and return air filter as well as the end of the duct line. If the system requires restoration and cleaning, our team removes the air registers as needed and detail-cleans them with a degreaser. While registers are down, we vacuum inside the duct lines as far as possible to remove any particulate matter. We reinstall registers and cover them with a filter media to prevent re-depositing of particulate on restored items. After it has been cleaned, we apply a unique sealer throughout the duct system using an atomizer to ensure it covers all interior surfaces.
Depending on the severity of the damage, we clean interior walls and ceilings and prepare them for painting or wallpapering by:
- Carefully removing wall hangings
- Cleaning all exposed surfaces with degreaser, polish or oil – whichever is appropriate for the structural material
- Vacuuming and drying clean flocked or papered walls
- Wet cleaning and degreasing vinyl paper walls
- Vacuuming heavily textured ceilings
SERVPRO of San Mateo makes every effort to restore flooring materials to a preloss condition. Unless hardwood floors suffer discoloration to the protective coating, we clean them thoroughly instead of stripping and refinishing. Our process includes:
- Vacuum, steam clean and deodorize carpeted areas
- Degrease and deodorize all tile including sheet vinyl, floor tile, and ceramic
- Clean hardwoods according to the type of wood and finish
SERVPRO of San Mateo excels at cleaning fine fabrics and intricate pieces using wet or dry cleaning methods as required. We carefully inspect and test fabrics to determine which of our System’s five cleaning methods is best suited to your fabrics. We use state-of-the-art equipment designed specifically for cleaning fine fabrics. Typically, we can clean all fixtures and appliances thoroughly without removing them. The process involves:
- Cleaning interior sides of windows
- Degreasing and deodorizing lights, ceiling fans, bathroom fixtures, and shades
- Cleaning exterior of kitchen appliances
Furniture Restoration & Cleaning
Although cleaning may not restore all furniture to a “new” condition, particularly when pieces are older or worn beforehand, we work hard to repair and refurbish as much as possible. This includes:
- Vacuum and clean upholstered items such as sofas, chairs, cushions, and drapery – depending on the type of fabric
- Clean leather and vinyl furniture with a mild degreaser and leather treatment.
- Hand clean, degrease and deodorize hard surface furnishings such as tables, nightstands, dressers and bookcases
If the furniture is permanently discolored because of the loss, we provide documentation to the insurance adjuster.