Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Mold can be a very troubling sight in a home or a building because of the widespread damage it can cause as well as the possible health risks from exposure. In as little as 48 hours, mold can quickly become a problem in your home or business when there’s a water intrusion, like a roof leak or leaking water line. Mold can cause health effects and can also cause significant damage to your property. Mold is not only disgusting to look at, but it is also quite dangerous to breathe in. Make sure if you start to feel sick you contact your health faction and let them know you have been exposed to mold. SERVPRO of San Mateo has the training, protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to handle your mold problem.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (650) 931-6060
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of San Mateo for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of San Mateo has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
SERVPRO of San Mateo proudly serves San Mateo and surrounding areas.